Spring 2020 inventories were generated earlier this week. Remember, MyHerd users receive their inventories immediately on MyHerd and will not receive inventories in the mail. Members who do not use MyHerd were mailed their inventories this week — be on the lookout for those! Also, remember to take advantage of the early bird discount on Jan. 15, 2020.
Follow these steps to update and submit your herd inventory on MyHerd.org:
- Log into MyHerd and click the “ To-Do” task labeled “2020 Spring herd Inventory Update Needed.”
- MyHerd will populate a list of females expected to calve this spring. Review and update the cow herd inventory.
- If the populated list is correct, click the “Submit Inventory Billing” button.
- To make changes to any of the cows listed, follow these steps:
- Select the female to update her information.
- Click the “Disposal” button for females previously sold or culled and give the proper disposal code and date.
- Click the “Reproductive Status” and mark females as “Next Season” if they are bred to calve in fall 2020, “Non-Exposed” if they have not been exposed to breeding conditions (this code can only be used for first-time heifers) or provide a proper calving ease score for females not expected to calve this season.
- Add new or additional females to the inventory by providing their registration numbers and giving them a herd ID.
- Review and correct each herd ID. Each female must have a unique herd ID — it cannot be repeated within the herd.
- Click the “Submit Inventory Billing” button when the cow inventory list is updated. This action will submit your inventory to the American Hereford Association, and then charges will be billed.