Hereford Publications Inc. Internship
Hereford Publications Inc. (HPI), a subsidiary of the American Hereford Association (AHA), is offering a communications internship for college juniors or seniors to assist the Creative Services team and the Hereford World
staff in the production of the Hereford World
magazine and other creative projects. Application deadline: Friday, December 6, 2019.
The internship provides experience in feature writing, project management, interviewing, photography, design, editing and proofing. The intern will also attend the Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE) to assist the communications team in covering the event. As a member of the Hereford World
editorial team, responsibilities include:
- Write feature stories to contribute to Hereford World editorial
- Proofread design layouts in a timely manner to meet print deadlines
- Format show results and various articles for layouts
- Contribute to editorial calendar through research of topics and themes
- Assist in covering the Junior National Hereford World Expo by taking pictures and writing press releases and blog posts
As a member of the Creative Services team, responsibilities include:
- Report to creative services coordinator and production manager
- Work with production team in order to complete projects from start to finish
- Responsible for meeting client/printing deadlines
- Responsible for quality control of projects including proof reading and preparing copy and photos for production
full job description
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resumé, three writing samples and references to Caryn Vaught, HPI production manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to 11500 N. Ambassador Dr., Ste. 410, Kansas City, MO, 64153.
Records Department/Customer Service Representative
The American Hereford Association is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Records Department. This individual must be able to interpret, enter and document information submitted by Association members for recording registry and performance data of their animals.
The American Hereford Association, with headquarters in Kansas City, MO is one of the largest U.S. beef breed associations. The not-for-profit organization along with its subsidiaries – Certified Hereford Beef LLC, Hereford Publications Inc. and American Beef Records Association – provides programs and services for its members and their customers, while promoting the Hereford breed and supporting education, youth and research.
Customer Service Representatives play a vital role in the performance of the AHA team. This position also serves as the customer liaison for resolving questions, interpreting discrepancies, conveying accurate information and promoting participation in association programs and services.
As a member of the customer service team, responsibilities include:
- To ensure the accuracy of animal pedigree information through multiple means of recording data
- Handle high call volume related to questions regarding Association policies, rules and regulations, products, and member transactions
- Responsible for data entry in reporting animal information and member account details
- Understand and convey accurate animal performance information /li>
- Deliver high quality customer service through knowledgeable, efficient and friendly interactions
Must be a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to adapt to high demands as a Customer Service Representative. Proficient at data entry and computer operation, ability to operate office equipment, adept at effective communications and ability to handle stressful situations and capable of maintaining a focused pace.
- Proficient at data entry
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Effective communication/li>
- Ability to handle pressure while multi-tasking
- Maintain focus in a fast pace environment
- Detailed oriented – attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Flexible – must be willing to contribute in multiple areas of Customer Service as needed.
full job description
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resumé and references to Laura Loschke, Education and Information Services Coordinator and Records Supervisor, at email@example.com or mail them to 11500 N. Ambassador Dr., Ste. 410, Kansas City, MO, 64153.