Certified Hereford Beef® is the branded beef program of the American Hereford Association, delivering high-quality beef to consumers since 1995.
CHB provides marketing assistance to producers who have cattle that fit the program specifications. To list cattle for sale, visit the Feeder Cattle Listings page.
Live Animal Specifications
- Must have a predominately (51%) white face.
- Hereford & Hereford-English crossbred cattle (Herefords, Black Baldies, Red Baldies).
- Beef type breeding only.
- NO dairy breeding.
- NO excessive hump – bos indicus influence.
- NO bulls, cows or heiferettes.
- Cattle may be either horned or polled.
- USDA Choice or higher marbling.
- “A” maturity only.
- Medium or fine texture marbling.
- 10-162 Ribeye Area.
- Less than 1” fat cover.
- Hot carcass weight of 1050 lbs. or less.
- Moderately thick or thicker muscling.
- Less than 2” hump.
- NO dark cutters.
- NO capillary rupture.
For more information or questions, call 816-842-3757 or email email@example.com.