Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2014.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2015.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Hereford breeders are invited to participate in a genetic research project searching for the genetic marker for hair shedding. Those who are willing to send in samples will get their animals genotyped free of charge.
The Certified Hereford Beef Sire of Distinction (CHBS) program recognized 957 Hereford bulls that have excelled in carcass traits. Download Full Report