Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2011.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2012.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
In November 2010 the AHA Board implemented a policy requiring DNA on all future walking herd sires. Therefore, any sire born after Jan. 1, 2011, must have DNA on file at the official AHA lab — GeneSeek Inc. — prior to registering calves out of that bull.
>> more information
Check out these DNA testing resources:
• DNA Testing Procedures Fact Sheet
• How to Collect Samples video
To request DNA kits or for more information, contact Toni Shapiro at 816-842-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.