Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2011.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2012.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
AHA is offering several opportunities this summer for college students hoping to further their education and gain valuable real-world experience working with youth activities. The AHA youth department is offering a junior activities internship and the communications and marketing team is offering a communications internship. >> More information
Herefords took center stage in Denver during the National Western Stock Show. It was an exciting week with C Miles McKeee being named Supreme Champion, the Mile High Night Sale grossing $1.1 million and the Lot 1 Foundation Female selling for $125,000 to suppot Hereford youth. Press releases are now available online and complete results can be found at Hereford.org.