Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2013.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2014.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
>> Order photos
The 17th World Hereford Conference is scheduled for April 18-25, 2016, in Montevideo, Uruguay. Hereford breeders can save $200 registering for the conference prior to Nov. 30. Susan Croll, Arrowhead Hills Travel, is available to help coordinate travel for American Hereford Association members. She can be reached at 620-364-5871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need help with the new online registry system, MyHerd.org? Or would like to see how the new system works before signing up? Join the MyHerd team for a webinar on how to get started with MyHerd.org. Participants will learn about the customized home screen for pedigree and performance members. The team will demonstrate how to register calves in real-time and transfer owned animals electronically. This is also an opportunity to ask questions and get virtual help.
>> Learn More