Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2012.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2013.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Herefords set records in the Yards and on the Hill at the National Western Stock Show Jan. 14-17. A total of 730 Herefords were exhibited throughout the three-day event an increase of 98 head compared to 2014. There was 314 head in the open show, 138 in the junior show, 39 pens of bulls, 21 heifer pens and 10 carloads.
>> Show results with photos
>> Download pdf of female show program with placings.
>> Download pdf of bull show program with placings.
>> Download pdf of junior show program with placings.
>> Download pdf of pen and carload placings.
AHA is offering several opportunities this summer for college students hoping to further their education and gain valuable real-world experience working with youth activities. The AHA youth department is offering a junior activities internship and the communications and marketing team is offering a communications internship. >> More information