Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2012.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2013.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Members of the American Hereford Association (AHA) will gather in Kansas City Oct. 31 through Nov. 2 for the 2014 Annual Meeting. Hereford enthusiasts from across the U.S. will enjoy three days of events and activities including educational forums, the Annual Meeting and the National Hereford Show during the American Royal. Form more information including the schedule of events go to Hereford Annual Meeting Weekend Planned. Plan to join us in Kansas City.
Did you miss the Hereford Genetic Summit? Visit our Summit Proceedings page to watch presentations, download slides and more. We'll continue to add to these highlights so check back often.
Hereford enthusiasts were in Harrisburg, Pa., July 5-12 for the Junior National Hereford Expo.