Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2012.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2013.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Registration is open for the Hereford Genetic Summit. Visit HerefordGeneticSummit.com for a schedule and to register online. Register by Aug. 11 and save $50.
Hereford enthusiasts were in Harrisburg, Pa., July 5-12 for the Junior National Hereford Expo.
Hereford enthusiasts with smart phones can download a Hereford Events app to keep up-to-date with Hereford events, including the upcoming Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE), the Hereford Genetic Summit and the American Hereford Association (AHA) Annual Meeting.
>> More information