Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2012.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2013.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Eric Walker, Morrison, Tenn., is the new AHA president and Sam Shaw, Caldwell, Idaho, is serving as the 2015 AHA vice president. During the Annual Membership Meeting Nov. 1 delegates elected three new Directors — Jim Mickelson, Santa Rosa, Calif.; Kevin Schultz, Haviland, Kan.; and Bob Thompson, Rolla, Mo.
Check out the highlight video from the Annual Meeting, as well as the Annual Meeting powerpoint and the 2014 Annual Report at Hereford.org/AnnualMeeting. All press releases from the event are posted at Hereford.org.
Did you miss the Hereford Genetic Summit? Visit our Summit Proceedings page to watch presentations, download slides and more. We'll continue to add to these highlights so check back often.