Dams of Distinction
- Weaned a calf born since Jan. 1, 2013.
- Produced at least three calves.
- Initially calved at 30 months of age or less.
- Had an interval between the first and second calves of no greater than 400 days. In addition, a 370-day calving interval must have been maintained after her second calf. The longer initial calving interval allows breeders to calve 2-year-old heifers prior to the mature cow herd.
- Had weaning records submitted to the AHA Whole Herd Total Performance Records (TPR™) Program for every calf produced that was born before June 30, 2014.
- Had a progeny average 205-day adjusted weaning weight ratio of at least 105.
Hereford enthusiasts are in Grand Island this week for the Junior National Hereford Expo.
The nominating committee is requesting volunteers who are willing to serve a four-year term on the AHA board of directors. They encourage interested members and state leaders to contact them regarding prospective candidates within their state and region.
This year’s nominating committee includes:
Chairman Marty Lueck, Mountain Grove, Mo., 417-838-1482
Kevin Jensen, Courtland, Kan., 785-243-6397
Bill King, Stanley, N.M. 505-220-9909
Norris Fowler, Jonesville, S.C., 864-219-0182
Bob Morrison, Lexington, Ohio, 419-362-4471
Do you need help with the new online registry system, MyHerd.org? Or would like to see how the new system works before signing up? Join the MyHerd team for a webinar on how to get started with MyHerd.org. Participants will learn about the customized home screen for pedigree and performance members. The team will demonstrate how to register calves in real-time and transfer owned animals electronically. This is also an opportunity to ask questions and get virtual help.
>> Learn More