Also, the AHA has released the updated EPDs for fall 2013. The EPDs and the updated Trends, Traits and Distributions report are available online at Hereford.org.
The Gold TPR Breeder recognition is presented to progressive Hereford breeders who have measured traits and collected and promptly submitted performance data at all levels of production.
“The reason the Gold TPR program was established was to recognize those breeders who go the extra mile to collect data at all levels of production and report that data in a timely manner,” says AHA Chief Operating Officer and Director of Breed Improvement Jack Ward.
Since the program’s inception in 2005, Hereford breeders have increased their data collection efforts.
Breeders must meet a specific set of requirements in order to be eligible for the program. They are:
• Herd inventory submitted prior to date inventory surcharge goes into effect.
• Complete reporting of calving ease and reproductive status for each dam on inventory.
• Complete reporting of birth weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of weaning weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of yearling weights for all live calves recorded in the calf crop.
• Complete reporting of scrotal measurements for each bull calf with a recorded
• Ultrasound data reported on 25% or more of the calf crop.
• Note: For weaning and yearling weights, disposal codes are accepted if the animal has been removed from the herd.
The following Hereford breeders were recognized as fall 2013 Gold TPR Breeders:
B Bar Six Polled Herefords, Potter Valley, Calif.
Bay Brook Farm, Dabneys, Va.
Rex A Bradford, Saint Marys, Ohio
Brielmaier Farm, Cincinatti, Ohio
Deer Track Farm, Spotsylvania, Va.
Gary Hedrick, Marietta, Ga.
Frank Hug & Sons, Scranton, Kan.
JBB/AL Herefords, Gooding, Idaho
David and Juanita Jennings, Rogers, Ark.
JMS Polled Herefords, Knifley, Ky.
Kinnear Polled Herefords, Joshua, Texas
Knoll Crest Farm, Red House, Va.
Meadow Ridge Farms, Inc., Broadway, Va.
Monahan Cattle Co., Hyannis, Neb.
Nickelson Farms, Belgrade, Mo.
NS Polled Herefords, Shaker Heights, Ohio
Oleen Bros., Dwight, Kan.
P&J Polled Herefords, La Vernia, Texas
Gino Pedretti, El Nido, Calif.
Rolling Hills Acres, Saint Elizabeth, Mo.
Snedden Herefords, Maricopa, Calif.
Triple S Ranch, De Queen, Ark.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Va.
Pat Wilson Inc., Lake Wales, Fla.