The main objective of this contest is to not only include the pre-JNHE exhibitors, but also give them something to look forward to when they come to the JNHE. The will be judged on their ability to present not only themselves, but, their animal as well.
Contestants may sign up once they arrive at the Junior National Hereford Expo
- Exhibitors must not meet the age requirements for the preexisting JNHE Showmanship contests; they must be between ages 5-7 (as of the date of the show).
- Exhibitors must have a sibling or close relative entered in the JNHE.
- Exhibitors must use said sibling or close relative’s animal in the showmanship contest.
- One relative older than 14 must be in the ring with the exhibitor.
- No bulls.
- PARENTS-USE GOOD JUDGEMENT IN WHAT YOUR CHILD CAN HANDLE.
In November 2010 the AHA Board implemented a policy requiring DNA on all future walking herd sires. Therefore, any sire born after Jan. 1, 2011, must have DNA on file at the official AHA lab — GeneSeek Inc. — prior to registering calves out of that bull.
>> more information
Check out these DNA testing resources:
• DNA Testing Procedures Fact Sheet
• How to Collect Samples video
To request DNA kits or for more information, contact Toni Shapiro at 816-842-3757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.