State delegate are required to be of high moral character and conduct at all times. State delegates have a very important task at the Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE). Delegates are responsible for representing their state and selecting the National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA) directors, who will lead the organization the next three years. This is not a responsibility to be taken lightly as the election directly affects all NJHA members and the future of this junior program.
- State voting delegates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to cast votes for future board members.
- Delegates should handle the NJHA candidate selection process with the upmost respect to board members, candidates, advisors and staff and use maturity in their judgment and decision making process.
- Delegates must be nominated by their state. Nominations for state delegates are due to the show office at the JNHE on Sunday, July 6, by 6 p.m., along with all other contest sign up forms.
- Delegates are required to attend the delegate orientation meeting Sunday, July 6, at 7 p.m. in order to be eligible to cast a vote for the future NJHA board members.
- Delegates are required to dress appropriately and professionally, this is a business setting, therefore, business casual is preferred, jeans and a button up shirt are acceptable; dirty, ripped or holey clothes are not acceptable.
- Delegates are required to be at the delegate orientation meeting at least 10 minutes prior to get checked in and receive a name badge. Name badges will be required to vote and attend the NJHA membership meeting and director election on Tuesday, July 8 at 7 p.m.
- Phones must be turned off during the orientation meeting, candidate round-tables and NJHA membership meeting.
- No inappropriate questions are to be directed at NJHA board candidates at any time throughout the election process.
**If for any reason the NJHA board, NJHA advisors or American Hereford Association staff see that the guidelines are not being followed, delegate(s) may be dismissed from their duties.
**State delegates will be nominated by state advisors and turned in at the state advisor meeting at the JNHE.
Registration is open for the Hereford Genetic Summit. Visit HerefordGeneticSummit.com for a schedule and to register online. Register by Aug. 11 and save $50.
Hereford enthusiasts were in Harrisburg, Pa., July 5-12 for the Junior National Hereford Expo.
Hereford enthusiasts with smart phones can download a Hereford Events app to keep up-to-date with Hereford events, including the upcoming Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE), the Hereford Genetic Summit and the American Hereford Association (AHA) Annual Meeting.
>> More information