State delegate are required to be of high moral character and conduct at all times. State delegates have a very important task at the Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE). Delegates are responsible for representing their state and selecting the National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA) directors, who will lead the organization the next three years. This is not a responsibility to be taken lightly as the election directly affects all NJHA members and the future of this junior program.
- State voting delegates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to cast votes for future board members.
- Delegates should handle the NJHA candidate selection process with the upmost respect to board members, candidates, advisors and staff and use maturity in their judgment and decision making process.
- Delegates must be nominated by their state. Nominations for state delegates are due to the show office at the JNHE on Saturday, June 27 by noon.
- Delegates are required to attend the delegate orientation meeting Saturday, June 27 at 7 p.m. in order to be eligible to cast a vote for the future NJHA board members.
- Delegates are required to dress appropriately and professionally, this is a business setting, therefore, business casual is preferred, jeans and a button up shirt are acceptable; dirty, ripped or holey clothes are not acceptable.
- Delegates are required to be at the delegate orientation meeting at least 10 minutes prior to get checked in and receive a name badge. Name badges will be required to vote and attend the NJHA membership meeting and director election on Monday, June 29 at 7 p.m.
- Phones must be turned off during the orientation meeting, candidate round-tables and NJHA membership meeting.
- No inappropriate questions are to be directed at NJHA board candidates at any time throughout the election process.
**If for any reason the NJHA board, NJHA advisors or American Hereford Association staff see that the guidelines are not being followed, delegate(s) may be dismissed from their duties.
**State delegates will be nominated by state advisors and turned in at the state advisor meeting at the JNHE.
Thursday, Oct. 15 is the early-bird registration deadline for the 2016 World Hereford Conference. The 17th World Hereford Conference is scheduled for April 18-25, 2016, in Montevideo, Uruguay. Hereford breeders can save up to $300 registering for the conference now. Susan Croll, Arrowhead Hills Travel, is available to help coordinate travel for American Hereford Association members. She can be reached at 620-364-5871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan now to attend the Hereford activities during the 2016 National Western Stock Show (NWSS) in Denver Jan. 14-16.
Hereford enthusiasts will enjoy three days of events and activities including an educational forum, the Annual Meeting and the National Hereford Show during the American Royal. For more information including the schedule of events and hotel reservations, go to AHA Annual Meeting.
A highlight of the weekend will be "Celebrate the Brand 1501 Wyandotte." Join us Friday evening as we will celebrate 20 years of the CHB Program and recognize our Hall of Fame and scholarship winners. You can now purchase tickets online. Order tickets prior to Oct. 20 for $50 per ticket after Oct. 20 the cost will be $75.