Schmidt Awarded Snidow Award
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA) member Erick Schmidt, Gonzales, Texas, was awarded the B.C. “Bud” Snidow Award Jan. 16 during the National Western Stock Show in Denver.
The Snidow Award is sponsored by the American Hereford Women (AHW) and is given annually to a deserving NJHA member who exemplifies the qualities most admired by Snidow, including honesty, fairness, hard work, enthusiasm and dedication to the Hereford breed and its breeders.
Bob Harrell, American Hereford Association president, presented Erick with a belt buckle prior to the selection of the champion horned female, recognizing him as this year’s winner.
Erick is working toward his bachelor’s degree in animal science with a minor in ag business at Texas A&M University. He plans to pursue a master’s degree and then a doctorate in reproductive physiology. The Texas Junior Hereford Association advisors wrote: “Erick is a well-rounded man that has manners and respect for both youth and adults. He possesses Hereford enthusiasm, loyalty, honesty and fairness just like Mr. Snidow.”
- Certified Hereford Beef Volume Surpasses 51 million lb.
- Nicodemus Joins AHA, Hereford World Staff as Field Rep
- Hereford Demand Continues
- Hereford Annual Meeting Weekend Planned
- Hereford Youth Collect 126 lb. of School Supplies for Grand Island Elementary School
- Auction Raises $38,500 for Hereford Research