JNHE Ambassador Program
The 2014 ambassadors will assist the NJHA Board and AHA staff throughout the JNHE week — July 6-12 in Harrisburg, Pa.
1. Contest coordinator — help with the facilitation of the 22 contests including, room set up, starting on time, judge gifts, etc.
2. Event coordinator — assist with organization of opening ceremonies, awards banquet and shows.
3. Technology coordinator — assist with show office, data entry, social media, etc.
4. Operations assistant — help coordinate people and cattle check-in, assist with oversight of tie outs, showring and facility set up.
5. Communications assistant — assist with press releases, photos and daily newsletter as well as contribute to the September Hereford World.
1. Candidate must be a 2014 high school graduate or older.
2. Ambassadors can not be exhibitors or competitors at the 2014 JNHE.
3. Candidate must have national show experience.
AHA is offering several opportunities this summer for college students hoping to further their education and gain valuable real-world experience working with youth activities. The AHA youth department is offering a junior activities internship and the communications and marketing team is offering a communications internship. >> More information
All steers showing at the Junior National Hereford Expo must be registered by the American Hereford Association and out of a registered sire and dam. No steer certificates will be accepted, only registration papers. The AHA will still offer traditional steer certificates for those state and regional shows not requiring a registration paper on steers at this time.
Hereford enthusiasts with smart phones can now download a Hereford Events app to keep up-to-date with Hereford events, including the upcoming Junior National Hereford Expo (JNHE) and the American Hereford Association (AHA) Annual Meeting. >> More information