Natural Service Sires Born After Jan. 1 2011 Need a DNA Profile
In November 2010 the American Hereford Association (AHA) Board implemented a policy requiring DNA on all future walking herd sires. Therefore, any sire born after Jan. 1, 2011, must have DNA on file at the official AHA lab — GeneSeek Inc. — prior to registering calves out of that bull.
In order to get the profile completed, you will need to order the DNA kit from the AHA. To order the kit you need the registration number of the sire and the kit can be mailed, emailed or faxed to you.
You will need to collect a DNA sample and send it with the kit to GeneSeek. The address is on the DNA kit. You can find an instructional video for proper hair collection on the Hereford YouTube Channel.
If there is not DNA on file for a sire, a DNA error will be returned when you process data. For more information download the "DNA Policy for Walking Herd Sires" fact sheet.
- Hereford Youth to Collect School Supplies for Grand Island Community
- Record Numbers of Hereford Youth, Cattle Head to Grand Island
- Ward Named Executive Vice President
- ShopHereford.com Website Launched
- Martin Named Hereford Records Department Supervisor
- AHA Announces Monthly “Hereford Shots” Photo Contest