The Kentucky and Ohio Hereford Associations along with the Hereford Youth Foundation of America (HYFA) are presenting a scholarship to provide recognition for an outstanding member of the National Junior Hereford Association (NJHA). Its purpose is to encourage individual and cooperative effort, enthusiasm, excellence, leadership, academic success and achievement among youth and to develop successful individuals as good leaders for both the Hereford breed and the beef industry. This scholarship is made possible by excess funds from the 2006 Junior National Hereford Expo held in Louisville, Ky., and hosted by the Ohio and Kentucky Hereford Associations.
• Applicant must be a NJHA member in good standing. Applicant must be a paid member for the past three consecutive years.
• Applicants must be between the ages of 17-24 years of age and must have completed their junior year of high school and/ or currently enrolled in a two or four year accredited university, junior/ community college and/ or a technical institution, pursuing a degree in an agriculture related field. All applicants must have maintained at least a "C" or 2 .0 grade point average. A current academic transcript must accompany the application.
• Applicants meeting the necessary requirements can apply any number of times provided they maintain the required academic standards. A new application must be submitted each year, and the same applicant may only receive the scholarship no more than two times.
• Applicant must be nominated by their state junior association advisor with a letter of recommendation submitted to the Hereford Review Room by April 1.
• Applicant must submit a second letter of recommendation from someone of their choosing and it must be submitted to the Hereford Review Room by April 1.
1. Submit online application at www.hereford.myreviewroom.com by April 1.
2. Upload high school or college transcripts, whichever is applicable.
3. Submit two “current” letters of recommendation, one from a state advisor and another one from someone of your choosing.
4. Upload a high-resolution photo, 300 dpi or higher.
5. Submit a 500 word essay outlining the need and impact this scholarship will have upon your decision to pursue and complete your degree.
6. A selection committee will evaluate the application. No interviews will be held.
7. Recipients will be recognized at the Junior National Hereford Expo during the awards ceremony.
Deadline April 1.
A point system will be used to select the scholarship recipient based upon the following
40 points on essay
20 points on need
20 points on academics
10 points on adviser letter
10 points on second recommendation letter
10 points if the applicant is a Kentucky or Ohio Junior member
Hereford enthusiasts were in Grand Island this week for the Junior National Hereford Expo.
Complete Show Results (pdf)
Online Show Results
Download Carcass Data and Top 10 Placings
AHA and Sure Champ Video Highlights
Order backdrop and candid photos
Sponsor Thank You Addresses
Do you need help with the new online registry system, MyHerd.org? Or would like to see how the new system works before signing up? Join the MyHerd team for a webinar on how to get started with MyHerd.org. Participants will learn about the customized home screen for pedigree and performance members. The team will demonstrate how to register calves in real-time and transfer owned animals electronically. This is also an opportunity to ask questions and get virtual help.
>> Learn More