CHB provides marketing assistance to producers who have cattle that fit the program specifications, listed below.
CHB live animal specifications
- Must have a predominately (51%) white face.
- Hereford & Hereford-English crossbred cattle (Herefords, Black Baldies, Red Baldies).
- Beef type breeding only.
- NO dairy breeding.
- NO excessive hump – bos indicus influence.
- NO bulls, cows or heiferettes.
- Cattle may be either horned or polled.
CHB carcass specifications
- USDA Select or higher marbling.
- “A” maturity only.
- Medium or fine texture marbling.
- 10-162 Ribeye Area.
- Less than 1” fat cover.
- Hot carcass weight of 1050 lbs. or less.
- Moderately thick or thicker muscling.
- Less than 2” hump.
- NO dark cutters.
- NO capillary rupture.
For more information about marketing cattle through the CHB program, contact Trey Befort, director of commercial programs,, at 816-842-3757 or email.